Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Laser and Chiropractic Treatment


My friend Gail, who is a vet with specialized chiropractic skills and her husband Elroy, who handles the laser treatments, stopped by for their monthly visit with us.

I have really long, full ears and dating back to when I was a little puppy, I've had problems with itchiness in my ears. Partly, it's because I have full ears that trap moisture and partly because my brother Owen insists on licking the insides of my ears, which of course puts moisture in there and partly because they get warm and stuff.

I've had various preparations squirted into my ears from the vet, a homeopathy olive oil and garlic preparation (Owen really liked that one), and an ear flush but lately we've been trying out a laser. It's kind of warm and the deep heat seems to relieve most of the itchiness without that icky feeling of stuff running down the insides of your ears that makes me shake my head like in the Exorcist. 

video

video

Once Elroy finished "lasering" my ears, it was over 
to my buddy Gail for some adjustments.


A little to the left please...


Yup, that's the spot.


Neck massage.


Checking the other end.


 Shoulders...and we're done :) Bye for now.


14 comments:

  1. You're getting the royal treatment, Sam! I hope the laser helps you out.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Sam, hope your ears feel better after the laser treatment. All in all it looked like a lovely relaxing time. Take care rollin' buddy. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam!
    It is not funny to have itchy ears, right?
    I hope the laser helps you!
    I can see you enjoyed the treatment!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Sam,
    Hope your ears feel better soon...and that the laser treatment works. Get well soon.
    With love
    MAXMOM IN SA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam we do hope that the lazer treatment soothes your ears. How fabulous to get all those lovely massages.

    Extra Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam that laser treatment looks awesome, we just use swimmers ear solution over here to keep our ears nice and dry!
    Oh I need an adjustment that looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sam my friend, You are SO lucky to have the spa treatments. Bet they help make you feel good. Think I would like to try some of that. Mom massages me and I like that a lot. Laser in the ears sounds much better than that liquid stuff that tickles and makes us shake our heads. I am doing very well.
    Thanks for all your support and info.
    Wags
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sam,
    Man you get treated like a King!!!! We have a little trouble with ears too, only Zoie doesn't want her ears touched! I hope that doesn't turn out o be a big problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks very relaxing. I try to get Mum to stick her fingers in my ears and then I let out the biggest sigh in the world! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha Tom is the love of my life!!! Zoie is number 2!!!!
    Happy a very close 2 nd tho too!!! It is hard to love one animal more then another don't you think!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Querido e doce amiguinho SAM...
    Espero que suas orelhas estejam melhores, e seu irmãozinho não as deixe tão úmidas com as lambidas de amor e carinho que ele faz em voce. Gostoso a massagem né? Eu gosto muito quando fazem massagens em mim. Delícia.

    amiguinho... Ótimo final de semana, cheio de amor, paz, tranquilhidade, diversão, passeios pelos lugares lindos que voce tem por aí e muita ALEGRIA.
    Fica com o Papai do Céu.
    AMO SER SUA AMIGA... E mamis Lilly também te ama.
    Voce é muito querido e fofo.
    Aus 1000 e beijos 1000 com carinho das amigas do Brasil ...

    KIPPY & LILLY

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Sam, you really get the deluxe treatment. you look like you are enjoying it. it's nice to get all of that special attention, isn't it?

    woofs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that you get such good care!

    My name is Oskar & I'd like to invite you to be featured on my blog at www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great way to meet new blogging friends. If you're interested you can drop me a line at PBU at comcast dot net.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  14. O hai! I hope ur ears is okay. Hooray for ur massage. I luvs u! :)

    ReplyDelete