Wednesday, July 20, 2016

We Still Remember 2016

(Original post July 20, 2015) My dad says that I have "great uncles in the clouds" and then he gets this far away, sad look. He calls it - his "1,000 yard stare". Sometimes he'll take off his glasses and wipe his eyes, pause a bit and gently touch my head and the underside of my mouth and chin. He's thinking about stuff. I sit with him awhile and then I paw him, come on dad, let's go for a walk. Mom and dad haven't forgotten you. They still miss you. The front porch light will be on for you tonight.






16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute....and so very true!
    Hugs!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute for a beautiful angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Mom and Dad get that way, too. We miss our family members too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. our lvely Max who always had a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They live on in our hearts forever♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Yup, I get moments like these about my Jade... then I come to Blogville and get a pet fix from all you lovely furries in the ether... Memory lives, lives draw us back. Hugs from YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! We just lost the second of our furry friends...
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely. Yes, we always miss them and they are forever part of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember this one! We have to remember our elders and ancestors, they add richness to this lifetime. They are all such loving little teachers.

    ReplyDelete