Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Look Back At 2011 and A Step Into 2012

Hi everybody, I’d like to close-out the year with a look back to my friend Nemo, 
who among other things, suffered a ruptured disk back in October. 


He underwent surgery and has since made a remarkable recovery that has him walking normally again. In fact, his mom Betty says that “his only issue at this point is some weakness in the back legs (that occurs) when he’s tired and when he squats to do #2’s until he gets himself adjusted". But they’re working on that.

In fact, he’s diligently working hard in his “physio” treatments, giving the technicians and his mom, 110% effort for the full 60 minutes of his session.

Betty, Nemo’s mom is a retired nurse who through the love and support of caring and thoughtful friends, received an early Christmas present of six physiotherapy sessions, enabling Nemo to continue with his treatments through December and into January.

At the end of January, Nemo will likely start swimming to strengthen his back legs even more. Maybe he’ll come swim at Aquapaws http://www.aquapaws.ca/, where my friend Sunshade goes and where he’ll meet my friend Bre.

And so, this look back at 2011 by way of Nemo’s situation highlights hope, recovery, generosity, friendship, kindness and love. All good things to go into the New Year with, don’t you think.

I’d also like to wish all my Internet friends well and super-duper good thoughts
to Maggie and Baxter, who need a little extra consideration at the moment. Thank you all for coming by my blog.

Okay 2012, I’m ready, let’s go!!!