Friday, February 27, 2015

My Heart Still Works

Hi everyone,

My dad took me to the vet today to get my annual echocardiogram done. I have a heart murmur that's being treated with medication but I have to get these echocardiograms done to see if there's been any worrying changes. Well today's results show that I still have a moderately enlarged left atrium that is quite stable. However, there has been a slight progression of the left ventricular size. Other than that, there were no arrhythmias detected and my heart rate was normal.



The vet was happy with the results but I'll have to come back and redo the echocardiogram in 6 to 8 months. Until then it's the usual diet of medication twice a day, CoQ10 and a heart support supplement. We sure are going through a few "pill pockets" eh dad?



Come on dad, let's go for a quick walk, Oooowww...that bald spot under my right front leg sure feels the breeze. So glad that it'll be above 50 degrees this weekend.






14 comments:

  1. You sure look all ready for a walkies, best way to get the smell of that Vet place outta your furs!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    What fabulous news - and so good to see you keen to run!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is good to hear things are pretty much stable

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY good News Sammy. Stable is a GOOD thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so very happy your V-E-T visit went well Sam...got to keep the ticker in good shape!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a pretty good report, Sam. Enjoy your walkies!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy Sam. Everything sounds good. Take your medication, keep your dad walking and life is good. Hey, Sam, mum says your ears look like mine. I'm off to the fur stealers on Friday. I don't like it at all. See ya soon Rollin' buddy. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope these new meds keep your heart in check.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your people parents take such good care of you Sam! I am happy to hear the Vet was pleased with the results:)
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you're in great shape Sam! Keep up the good work--I know you stay fit rolling around on your wheels. Our rough winter looks like its finally mellowing out soon too.

    We have a medical post today too...but ours is much more icky than yours, so maybe wait to visit until we put up something more pleasant :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sam, I'm glad your exam went pretty well. Pip had a heart murmur as well and we used to have to go for the same test. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad your heart is fine, Sam. You're an amazing dog with such a great spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're really happy to hear that your ticker is working well. Mom's first Portie, Bentley, had a murmur that Mom worried about but it never seemed to bother him at all.

    ReplyDelete